sit - YES! mahattan - not a word. Spell check. knoll - YES! desparate - also not a word. Minus style points for incorrectly spelling 50% of your guesses.
And a note to everyone else playing: Kevin is WAY too good at this game because he solved all the puzzles in under ten minutes today, including mine (although I helped him cheat and use google for the first puzzle)
I was tired when I was typing! Ok, so add desperate and manhattan. If you don't think manhattan should count, my google search came up with 14,700,000 responses. Next time, I'll double check the spelling.
silent--CURSES!!! I was thinking, can't use deaf, and I slipped up. Crud!
Good puzzle, Jaime!
PS--I don't want people to think that I hold the monopoly on these puzzles. I'm happy to host them here, but feel free to post em on your blogs, too. I'll even put up a link to them to redirect folks, if you want.
25 comments:
Does proceed work?
proceed - no
Sorry, try again! :)
bicycle?
bicycle - no
nice try; keep guessing!
How about:
eloquent
-OR-
meandering
resuscitate
??
eloquent, meandering, and resuscitate are also incorrect.
I promise there is a rule, though. Keep trying :)
When you get a flat tire, you should always have a jack* handy.
*Add it to the list, please
Guys, another reason I'm glad I've got Jamie! Isn't she clever! Here's some additions-
sit
mahattan
knoll
desparate
sit - YES!
mahattan - not a word. Spell check.
knoll - YES!
desparate - also not a word. Minus style points for incorrectly spelling 50% of your guesses.
And a note to everyone else playing: Kevin is WAY too good at this game because he solved all the puzzles in under ten minutes today, including mine (although I helped him cheat and use google for the first puzzle)
I was tired when I was typing! Ok, so add desperate and manhattan. If you don't think manhattan should count, my google search came up with 14,700,000 responses. Next time, I'll double check the spelling.
desperate - YES
manhattan - YES
good work, kevypoo.
Got it. Nice. :-)
frog (but not toad)
doodle (but not drawing)
quieter (but not silent)
view (but not see)
For fun, what about zebra?
frog - YES!
doodle - YES!
quieter - YES! ... silent - YES!
view - YES!
toad, drawing, see: you are correct in stating their incorrectness
zebra - YES! plus creativity points
Way to go, Richard!!!
silent--CURSES!!! I was thinking, can't use deaf, and I slipped up. Crud!
Good puzzle, Jaime!
PS--I don't want people to think that I hold the monopoly on these puzzles. I'm happy to host them here, but feel free to post em on your blogs, too. I'll even put up a link to them to redirect folks, if you want.
Party on!
oopsie again, Richard.
Sorry, but deaf does not work.
I'm retarded.
Fixed.
no. i'm retarded. i still don't get it! but don't tell me...i'm still thinkin...slowly...
Also, Jamie, I'm really sorry about repeatedly spelling your name as if you were a young Mexican man.
You can call me Jason like everyone else if it helps you feel better...
Or do like one of my professors and my ophthalmologist still do and spell my name Justine.
I wasn't sure if you were misspelling it, or actually just calling me "Jaime" as a nickname. A lot of people do. You could have gotten away with it!
No big deal, Jason.
skate
toll
insidious
Sorry, Annie. (I hope Jamie doesn't mind my moderating.)
Here's another clue, though: gash.
argh. they were pretty much random guesses anyway. ok how about
nap
sigh
step
???
please oh please.
Richard's fine to moderate. I was out of town visiting my man, so I didn't check for a few days.
Unfortunately, none of those work either, Annie. Of your guesses, "nap" was the closest to being correct.
Keep playing!
i'm starting to get a complex.
Post a Comment