04 January 2005

Lighting a Fire

Ok, or at least striking a match. Flint and steel?

We gotta get this party started. I know that there are interesting, funny, and downright compelling things on your minds.

I also know that there are half a hundred more pedestrian concerns that sometimes obscure how interesting, funny, and downright compelling our thoughts are.

So I've devised a plan to increase blog participation. Or rather, a number of plans, which I submit to you for a vote.

Law (really more of a Ground Rule):
Each member of the blog must post at least once a week. Any member not posting at least once per week will have to spend time in the Big Tunnel with M'Scuzi Guy.

Okay, if you're going to whine about it, we can switch it to once every two weeks. But at least that much. I'm serious about the tunnel. Don't make me tell you again about the scooching.


Plan 1: (The Agency Plan) Every person is left to her or his own devices to come up with a post to satisfy the law. There will be no compulsion (other than the vague threat of eventual (though eternal) fondling by a mustachioed Fred Armisen).

Plan 2: (Satan's Plan, or Testimony Meeting Plan, or the Linda Richman Plan): Each month, one of the blog members will determine what the topic for each one- or two-week period will be. The other blog members will all post, but they must post on the topic given. Like the conducting member of the bishopric on fast Sunday, the blog member assigned to determine the topic will initiate the posting with a post of her or his own, then the rest of us will fidget uncomfortably for a week before all making a rush to the pulpit...er... to post, I mean, five minutes before the deadline expires.

So which is it, eh? You all have a week to register your votes. Watch out. There's a tunnel coming.


2 comments:

richard dandelion said...

That's a good point, Kressa. Perhaps some future blog entries might include questions that would spur discussion, rather than just expressing an opinion.

Wow. That came out boring.

miss kitti said...

"There will be no compulsion (other than the vague threat of eventual (though eternal) fondling by a mustachioed Fred Armisen)."

EWWWW! alright, already. I'll post. Anything to stop the usage of "fondling" and "mustachioed" together.

Sheesh.