[A]’s leaders, rich with oil wealth and corrupt with power, have rejected democratic ideals and the obligations of responsible power. They invaded a small [B] neighbor to gain more control over the world’s oil supply, intimidate other neighbors, and further their ambitions of reassembling the [C] empire. And the brave people of [D] need our solidarity and our prayers.Which conflict is he talking about?
We can’t turn a blind eye to agression and international lawlessness that threatens the peace and stability of the world and the security of the American people.
McCain's answers: [A] = Russia; [B] = democratic; [C] = Russian; [D] = Georgia.
Recent U.S. history: [A] = The United States; [B] = sovereign; [C] = U.S. American; [D] = Iraq.



4 comments:
fofee strikes again! with a wit like a razor-back shark (which mythical creature has a very, very sharp back. and which is also very shrewd of eye and speedy of ear).
McCain must have been so inspiring for the folks there tonight.
Did you notice how "patriotic" the crowd was during his speech, when they kept breaking out in chants of "USA USA"...?
here's why - good times.
======
In response to early rumors that demonstrators might try to interrupt Republican presidential nominee John McCain's acceptance speech Thursday night, a number of delegations agreed to chant "U.S.A." in order to quell the sound of protesters.
On at least three occasions during the early part of his speech, members of the audience began chanting "U.S.A." in response to protesters, who were then escorted out of the hall.
======
I love your new profile picture. Just the right amount of "what the hell are you looking at?!". very nice.
Back to the topic. I have nothing to say other than, "USA USA USA". oh wait
Eric- I have no words for how awesome that is.
I was watching on CSPAN, and the camera kept cutting away from McCain to a guy about our age way up in the nosebleed seats. He was dressed in black; his tee-shirt said "Iraq veterans against McCain" or something like that, and he had a number of signs--one said "McCain votes against the troops, etc."
At one point some suits seemed to be hustling him up the stairs and out of the hall, but then there he was again.
Also, during Palin's speech two nights ago, I saw a bunch of suits escorting a seriously pregnant woman (or someone wearing a big pregnancy suit) bodily from the hall.
At first I was confused; I had a second where I wondered if Palin's daughter had gone into early labor due to the rousing rhetoric of the RNC. But I'm guessing now that this person was in league with the forces of Sata... I mean Obama...
Post a Comment